Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm from the country and throughly enjoy breakfast food at any time of the day. These are so quick and easy and they satisfy my craving for breakfast food, but I can give some to Pop for his breakfast at work. They're also great for kids, as they are muffins - just right for little hands.
- 1 lb sausage, any variety
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 -3 teaspoons sage, if your sausage doesn't have any in it
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups Bisquick
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the sausage and drain well.
- Mix in milk, soup, and sage. Stir in the Bisquick just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 min (depending on your oven).
I made these to take on a trip to a cabin over the holidays. We had them fresh the day I made them. I reheated and served with cream gravy and jelly a few days later and they worked very well. The dogs gave their thumbs up to the last remaining two. I think a chopped pepper would be great the next time I make them.
This was very easy to put together and was so good warm! I used the breakfast sausage that already has sage in it. I added a little extra milk because the batter seemed too dry. I also added a little grated mild cheddar on top. I used those little foil muffin cups for easy clean up and the recipe made 18 nice sized muffins. I will definitely make this again!
Loved this! The ingredients are very versatile, I added 1 1/2 cups of bisquick and 1/2 flour instead of 3 cups bisquick and they are very moist! My roommates love them, definitely making them again.