Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Raspberry coulis is an easy way to pretty up freshly baked molten lava cakes for company. Don't drain the raspberries- you want all that raspberry juice in the sauce. You can use frozen strawberries if you prefer strawberry coulis.
- 2 cups whole frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (300 g) packagepresident's choice the decadent molten chocolate cake baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In blender, purée raspberries and their juices, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl. Using rubber spatula, press purée through sieve. Discard solids. Refrigerate coulis.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Generously butter six ¾-cup (175 mL) ramekins.
- In bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and melted butter. Using wooden spoon, stir for 30 seconds to moisten. Scrape side of bowl. Stir for 1 minute. Batter will be very thick. Spoon evenly into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake in centre of oven for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set but centre is still soft. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tbsp (25 mL) coulis onto each of six dessert plates. Carefully invert one cake onto each of the plates. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with a mint sprig, if desired. Save remaining coulis to drizzle over ice cream or yogurt.