Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pancit is extremely good and easy to make. I found this gem on Allrecipes.com and have made it twice now. It's just the best. I use green onion instead of regular onion and I've made it using shrimp instead of chicken; pork would be good too. Instead of regular head cabbage, I used Napa cabbage which is just great. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm water. When soft, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in chicken, cabbage, carrots and soy sauce. Cook until cabbage begins to soften. Toss in noodles, and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.
I used this in an afterschool program cooking class with kids. It is very easy to make and tasty too. Try adding a little patis (fish sauce) for a little more flavoring.