Recipe by mamacancook
This taco salad is best eaten right away. Please do not substitute other flavors of Doritos,as Nacho and Spicy Nacho are the only two flavors that really work best with this recipe. Men seem to love this recipe,and even if you hate Thousand Island dressing,give it a try-I normally hate it too.
Top Review by BOCCE
I used to make this years ago and had completely forgotten about it until I read your recipe. I used to add cucumbers, red onion and black olives as well. It is very good and a nice change of pace for a meal on a hot summer day.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite site pieces (you may use half or whole depending of number being served)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- nacho plain Doritos (start with several handfulls slightly crushed-you determine the lettuce to Dorito ratio depending on) or spicy nacho plain Doritos (start with several handfulls slightly crushed-you determine the lettuce to Dorito ratio depending on)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle thousand island dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, cheese-you may add more depending on preference
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry turkey burger/ground beef until fully cooked,drain fat.
- Toss with dry taco seasoning (do not add water).Set aside.
- In a large bowl add lettuce,tomatoes,Doritos.
- Add some of the cheese.
- Add seasoned turkey burger/ground beef.
- Toss with Thousand Island dressing(add dressing gradually to coat).
- Add rest of cheese,toss salad once more.
- You may garnish with additional cheese if you like.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!