Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are high in protein, relatively low in calories, and made with wholesome ingredients. For a healthy dessert cookie, drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- 118.29 ml roasted soybeans (or soy nuts)
- 236.59 ml brown crisp rice cereal or 236.59 ml Rice Krispies
- 236.59 ml textured vegetable protein
- 0.25 ml salt (but brings out flavor) (optional)
- 78.07 ml peanut butter
- 78.07 ml brown rice syrup
- 29.58 ml sugar or 29.58 ml evaporated cane juice sugar (bulk bin) or 29.58 ml date sugar
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place soybeans in a food processor and pulse to chop. Alternatively, you may leave them whole or crush them slightly in a bag.
- Combine soy beans, brown rice crisp cereal and TVP. Toss with salt.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and evaporated cane juice (or sugar). Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute, stopping to stir halfway through.
- Dump crunchy soy mixture into peanut butter mixture and stir until well coated. Press mixture tightly into pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Score into 8 bars.