2 hrs 3 mins
Claire #3's Note:
These are high in protein, relatively low in calories, and made with wholesome ingredients. For a healthy dessert cookie, drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup roasted soybeans (or soy nuts)
- 1 cup brown crisp rice cereal or 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 pinch salt (but brings out flavor) (optional)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice sugar (bulk bin) or 2 tablespoons date sugar
- 1Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- 2Place soybeans in a food processor and pulse to chop. Alternatively, you may leave them whole or crush them slightly in a bag.
- 3Combine soy beans, brown rice crisp cereal and TVP. Toss with salt.
- 4In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and evaporated cane juice (or sugar). Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute, stopping to stir halfway through.
- 5Dump crunchy soy mixture into peanut butter mixture and stir until well coated. Press mixture tightly into pan.
- 6Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 7Score into 8 bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Soy Protein Bars
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
brown rice syrup