Recipe by *Parsley*
Kind of a "short-cut" chili. It uses premade frozen meatballs, but you can use your own homemade....it just won't be a squick and easy. ;) This can also be made in a crockpot on low for about 6 hours.
- 24 frozen cooked italian meatballs, partially thawed enough to cut through
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese, to sprinkle for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the meatballs into quarters.
- Place the cut meatballs in a large pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT CHEESE). Stir well.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- For the Crockpot: Place the quartered meatballs in the crockpot along with everything else (EXCEPT CHEESE).
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for about 4 hours. (All crockpots seem to cook a little faster or slower than others.).
- Serve hot with some cheese on top, if desired.