Kind of a "short-cut" chili. It uses premade frozen meatballs, but you can use your own homemade....it just won't be a squick and easy. ;) This can also be made in a crockpot on low for about 6 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 frozen cooked italian meatballs, partially thawed enough to cut through
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese, to sprinkle for garnish
- 1Cut the meatballs into quarters.
- 2Place the cut meatballs in a large pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT CHEESE). Stir well.
- 3Bring to a gentle simmer.
- 4Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- 5For the Crockpot: Place the quartered meatballs in the crockpot along with everything else (EXCEPT CHEESE).
- 6Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for about 4 hours. (All crockpots seem to cook a little faster or slower than others.).
- 7Serve hot with some cheese on top, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Meatball Chili
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 712.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: