Recipe by WillyHay
This laksa is great for those hurried winter weeknights. Simple to put together and tastes terrific. Easy to improvise with the garnish. Sometimes I'll fry up some tofu cubes in lieu of the tofu puffs.
- 200 g dried rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons laksa paste
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 250 g snow peas, halved diagonally (mangetout)
- 5 spring onions, cut into 3 cm (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 125 g fried tofu, puffs halved
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped vietnamese mint
- 20 g coriander leaves (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the vermicelli in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the laksa paste and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, snowpeas and spring onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the vermicelli and divide among four bowls.
- Top with the bean sprouts and fried tofu puffs. Ladle the hot soup into bowls and sprinkle with the fresh mint and coriander.
- Serve Immediately.