Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very quick and easy cake and more over its eggless as wanted by many folks.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup dates (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot water
- Grease and dust an 8" round cake pan.
- Mix the walnuts, dates, baking soda, sugar and water.
- Add all purpose flour 1 spoon at a time to the mixture and mix well after each addition.
- Pour in the greased and dusted Pan and bake in pre-heated oven at 400 F for 45 mins or untill the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool completely.