Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great for a dressing, stuffing, as a bed for Shrimp Scampi, or by itself. You can buy those little crab shells to stuff and broil, mold it into a loaf pan and bake, or use it to dress any main meat entree. This is a recipe from my wife's mother's collection.
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix, instant, cornbread flavored
- 8 ounces crabmeat, imitation-fresh whichever you prefer
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, sliced paper thin
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, whatever is called for in the stuffing directions
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, whatever is called for in the stuffing directions
- 1 dash cooking spray
- Sauté garlic, onions, celery, and parsley. Set aside.
- Shred the crab meat.
- Prepare the stuffing mix as per instructions on the box but DO NOT COOK. In other words, just mix the water, butter, and stuffing mix together, without cooking it.
- Stir into the crab meat, add garlic powder, and mix until blended.
- Spoon into loaf pan treated with no-stick cooking spray (DO NOT PRESS).
- Brush lightly with butter, sprinkle with paprika, and bake covered in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove covering, add parmesan cheese, and continue to bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes to allow the top to brown.
- Serve as a side dish, the main dish, or a bed for Shrimp Scampi.