Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipe because it is a use for some Plain Soda Crackers Imistakenly bought one time, and they are tasteless without some salt. It is also a good chocolate snack, for the chocoholics out there! My husband is definitely one.I found recipe on a no name bag of cashews.
- 40 plain soda crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (300 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped whole salted cashews
- Preheat oven to 325F or 160°C.
- Line a 15 X 10 baking sheet with foil.
- Lay out crackers in a single layer.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter, add brown sugar and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 3 to 4 minutes whisking constantly to avoid burning.
- Pour evenly over crackers. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Then Sprinkle chocolate chips and cashews evenly over top.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Break into pieces to serve.
This was a great snack to bring to the office and the perfect blend of salty and sweet! I made as written but saved myself some time by using cashew 'pieces' from my local Home Economist store. I will definitely make this again and soon, with the holidays coming up. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe Cat-Atude. JJ :)