Cashew Chocolate Brittle
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy to make and very yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons stick butter
- 1 lb cashews
- 5 ounces bakers chocolate
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets with butter and keep warm in oven.
- Grease a spatula with butter and set aside.
- Mix baking soda, 1 teaspoons water and the vanilla and set aside.
- Mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup in 3- quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally to 240 degrees on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water.
- Stir in butter and cashews.
- Cook, stirring constantly to 300 degrees or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard, brittle threads.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in baking soda mixture until light and foamy.
- Pour half of the candy mixture onto each cookie sheet and quickly spread with buttered spatula about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cool completely, at least 1 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate lightly over cashew brittle.
- Cool for an additional 30 minutes.
- Break apart into pieces and store in a covered container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION