Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be put together the night before, and then placed in the oven with your turkey, ham, or whatever to heat.
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place potatoes in a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, salt, and water; heat to dissolve sugar. Pour brown sugar syrup over sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 375F, basting frequently until bubbly.