Quick & Easy Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cut sweet potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow (optional)
- Pour sweet potatoes with liquid into 2-qt. saucepan.
- Cook until heated through.
- Drain liquid.
- While sweet potatoes are heating, combine butter or margarine and brown sugar in 1-qt saucepan and cook until hot but not boiling.
- Add nuts to sauce, if desired, and pour over hot sweet potatoes.
- Stir just to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- One cup miniature marshallows may be added on top of dish just before serving and placed under the oven brouker until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>A little information about me, I am a mom to a wonderful little boy who loves to watch me cook and sometimes will help out. My favorite kind of food to cook is comfort food and is predominately what I am known for in my family for cooking. Though I do cook quite a bit of pies and cookies as well. At my work I am infamous for my Jambalaya Bake that I suppose you could say I threw together. It's the only one of my recipes I've actually published so far. One of these days I'll sit down and take the time to publish more.</p>