Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this recipe from my MIL. I love it because it is very quick and easy to make and when it is just the 2 of us, I can cut the recipe in half and use the other 4 crescent rolls for our rolls for the meal.
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and quartered
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 count) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wrap each apple piece with a piece of crescent roll.
- Place in a baking dish that has been greased.
- Bring orange juice, sugar, butter and cinnamon to a boil and pour over apples.
- Bake until brown, approximately 35 minutes.
- Spoon juice over apples occasionally while baking.
These were quick & easy to make! However, they were a little too sweet for our tastes - I'll probably eliminate the sugar next time. I scaled the recipe in half & I'm using the rest of the crescent rolls for Ham & Cheddar Crescents, Ham & Cheddar Crescents. Thanx Jellyqueen!
We loved this recipe. I even cooked plain apples in the sauce and they tasted great. It was very easy to make. Thanks for a nice recipe.
Almost exactly like a recipe my grandma makes execpt she uses 1 cup instead of 1/2 cup of sugar. So So good!