Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice and easy quiche that we have for a light dinner. It is nice with salad.
- 1 pie shell
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp and chop into small pieces. Sprinkle on the bottom of the pie shell.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Add chopped vegetables, pepper and salt. Mix together. Add cheese to milk mixture and mix.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and sprinkle parsley over top.
- Cooke for 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This is an easy dish to prepare with ingredients that I usually have on hand. I used extra-sharp cheddar. The quiche took the full 40 minutes to set. If I had anything negative to say, it was a little watery - but that's what you get with 1% low-fat milk and not cream! Also, next time, I would either remove the seeds of the tomato or use a Roma (plum) tomato to reduce liquid. Overall, very easy and very tasty. Made for PAC Spring 2008. Thanks for posting!