Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy it can be used as a freezer meal as well .
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 dozen corn tortilla, preferably homemade*
- In large skillet, brown sausage and onion, breaking up meat with back of spoon. Drain and spoon into 8-inch pie dish. Cover with cheese. Wrap in foil and place inside ziploc freezer bag. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Defrost and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with warm corn tortillas and sour cream and fresh salsa on the side.