Recipe by MrsScarlettOhara
It was one of those days where the kitchen was a little bare so I had to be creative somehow. I am usually picky about fresh ingredients verses canned but I took a shot of creating quesadillas with soup & it worked well according to my awesome hubby, my personal food critic:-)
- 1 (18 5/8 ounce) cancampbell's tortilla soup (Campbell's Select Harvest Mexican-style Tortilla Soup preferred)
- 1 ring of a small yellow onion, minced
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 inches tomato basil flour flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Strain the soup for a couple of minutes until well drained.
- Place the strained ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Mince, olives, onion and chili pepper. Combine it with strained ingredients as well as a small amount of grated cheddar cheese (approx. 3 TBSP).
- Place filling on half of each wrap leaving room around edges for cheese.
- Add more grated cheese on top of the filling and near edges. Approx 1/4 cup each (the cheese will act as glue).
- Add a little oil to a baking pan. Fold wraps and place on pan. Add more oil on top and use your hand to smear the oil over the entire wrap.
- Bake in toaster oven or regular oven at about 400 degrees until wraps are a little brown (shouldn't take but about 8 minute so keep your eye on it).
- Cut and serve hot. Another option is to wrap in foil before heating/browning in the oven so that it can be heated/browned later.