1/3 Photos of Queen Margherita Pizza
A traditional yet basic pizza recipe-no unnecessary ingredients, no heavyhanded use of tomato sauce, no pineapple, no barbecued chicken. Only the best quality ingredients will work. Adapted from Diane Seed's Mediterranean dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza dough, prepared but not baked (I suggest Easy Peezy Pizza Dough (Bread Machine Pizza Dough))
- 1Make pizza dough according to directions up until the point where the dough is proofed and is ready to be cooked.
- 2If your mozzarella cheese is very fresh, slice up and set on paper towels first for any whey to absorb then proceed with recipe.
- 3Peel the tomatoes by plunging into boiling water for about 15 seconds. Remove peel, cut into thin slices, remove seeds and drain in a colander.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a round pizza tray* with olive oil. Roll out the pizza dough into a thin, supple sheet and place in the prepared pizza pan. Brush the surface of the dough with olive oil, cover with thin slices of Mozzarella. Scatter on half of the tomato slices, then the Parmesan. Arrange the remaining tomato slices on top.
- 5*NOTE: a heavier pizza tray is preferable for best baking results.
- 6Lightly salt the tomatoes, then drizzle a little bit of olive oil all over the top.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes. It may be necessary to turn pizza pan around at the half way mark for even browning.
- 8Garnish the fresh basil ribbons on top of the pizza just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queen Margherita Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1420.9
- Calories from Fat 1027
- Total Fat 114.1 g
- Saturated Fat 48.5 g
- Cholesterol 255.6 mg
- Sodium 2135.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 77.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: