Recipe by Dienia B.
she served these to president eisenhower when he visited scotland . in 1959 . to me they are a cross between biscuit and pancake they are very good . i personally added 1 T of malt vinegar but its not in her recipe . these are made like pancakes ,not in the oven . serve with jelly
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar or 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (hers had 1 1/2 c but it wasnt enough for me )
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk wet ingredients in a bowl
- whisk dry into another
- add together
- mix ( i added vinegar to wet ).
- mixture will be thick
- have buttered skillet heating on lower setting
- drop by tablespoons cook slowly these rise like crazy
- serve with jam or golden syrup.