Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from 'Ji Pin Su Cai' (Best Vegetable Dishes), a 30-cent, 5-inch-square, paperback cookbook from Wal-Mart in China. It's simple home-style Chinese cooking. Chinese cookbooks assume you will know how much of each condiment and seasoning to add, so most of the ingredients are listed 'ge shi liang'--to taste. I've suggested amounts, but you can adjust according to your own preference.
- 300 g snow peas
- 50 g carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (to taste)
- Snap ends from snow peas, wash and drain.
- Peel carrot and thinly slice into rounds.
- Heat empty wok over highest heat. Add oil and swirl to heat. Add snow peas and carrots and stir-fry.
- Season with salt and msg.
- Serve as part of a Chinese meal: rice, soup, and a balanced variety of dishes--one per person.