Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was playing around in the kitchen today and came up with these pancakes. My family really loved them so I'm posting so I wont forget how I made them. We served them with sugar free syrup. My son and I had the left over's later plain for a snack and they were really good. If you happen to stumble across this recipe and decide to make, I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate larger bowl combine butter, eggs, milk, and almond extract extract together until blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the larger bowl, beat until completely blended.
- Cook pancakes as desired. (I make mine in a skillet over medium high heat with a little melted butter, flip when the pancakes look a little dry and has bubbles).
Great pancake recipe!! They were easy & nice and fluffy ~ I will make these again! I used soymilk, only 1 tablespoon of butter, and vanilla extract because I didn't have almond. We loved them, thank you!! =)
I'm so glad I tried these! The almond extract really complimented the wheat flavor. I cooked them on an electric griddle brushed with a TBL of oil. Thanks for sharing your recipe, PVW! We'll be making these again & again.