This is the first time EVER that I wrote down the measurements, and wrote the recipe down that I made up in the kitchen. My husband and kids really liked this quite a bit so I've made it a few times. I've never tried it as a marinade but I'm sure it would work well! I also have not tried just putting everything (except the butter) in a pan and baking but I'm pretty sure it would be great that way too! I really hope you enjoy as much as we do! Also we use thicker chicken breasts, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
- In a bowl mix orange juice, orange zest, garlic, pepper, salt, honey and olive oil. You can cook right away or cover and refrigerate for about an hour for a more intense flavor.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken with a clean paper towel.
- In a pan melt butter over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken in the butter on both sides then add the orange mixture to the pan.
- Cover chicken and cook until the juices run clear.
- Remove lid and turn the chicken so the sauce coats each chicken breast. The sauce will thicken and caramelize, and the garlic will stick to the chicken.
- Plate and enjoy!
We love the sweetness of this dish...It's easy to prepare...and comes together quickly...thanks for posting...made for Spring 2012 PAC
Wonderful meal pretty fast too. I used Chicken Tenderloins in place of breast. Made this with garlic and rosemary mashed potato's and corn... Thanks for sharing!!!!