Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A favorite Tongan dessert!
- 8 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 (8 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle coconut extract
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups sugar
- Take the 3 cups of sugar and melt in the pot. As it browns, carefully add 3 cans of water stirring constantly until it looks smooth. When smooth, pour to a bowl and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine all your wet ingredients--sauce,eggs, oil, evaporated milk, vanilla and coconut. Slowly sift the flour together with the baking soda, and then blend all the ingredients together for about 3 minutes.
- Grease your pan, and pour ingredients and then bake or steam for about an hour.