1 hr 15 mins
I saw this being made on "The Thirsty Traveler" and think I will make this during Christmas. The name is a little dirty Italian term, I don't know why they call it this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl mix the corn and white flour together.
- 3Pour milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over low heat. Just before it boils add salt.
- 4Slowly add the flour mixture to the milk, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 5Cover the saucepan and let it simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- 7Add the raisins, figs, pine nuts, apple slices and Grappa, stir.
- 8Line baking pan with wax paper, pour mixture into the pan and use a spatula to pat the mixture down.
- 9Crack egg into a bowl and beat, brush the egg lightly over the top of the cake.
- 10bake for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Putana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.9
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 275.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: