Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw this being made on "The Thirsty Traveler" and think I will make this during Christmas. The name is a little dirty Italian term, I don't know why they call it this.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the corn and white flour together.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over low heat. Just before it boils add salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the milk, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Cover the saucepan and let it simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Add the raisins, figs, pine nuts, apple slices and Grappa, stir.
- Line baking pan with wax paper, pour mixture into the pan and use a spatula to pat the mixture down.
- Crack egg into a bowl and beat, brush the egg lightly over the top of the cake.
- bake for 1 hour.