Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
There used to be several flavors of mix you could buy that you mixed up with butter and milk to make a pasta/rice sauce. My daughter's favorite was in a purple container, thus the family used to request Purple Cheese Noodles! The mix is no longer sold but this is a close match. Good mixed with bowtie pasta and some french fried onion rings. (For one pound of pasta I use 1 cup mix, 8 tbl butter and 1 cup milk)
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons romano cheese, dry grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix all ingredients and store in a tightly closed container. Keeps for 4 months in the pantry.
- TO USE: combine 1/4 cup mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/4 cup milk.
My 11 month old loves cheese sauce on his noodles, so I thought this would be a good mix to have on hand.