Recipe by kai'smom04
These whoopie pies are delicious and the cream cheese filling in the center makes them simply perfect:)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine (softened)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together eggs, margarine, sugar and pumpkin.
- In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Add dry mixture to creamed mixture.
- Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely fill with cream cheese filling recipe follows.
- Cream cheese filling.
- Cream 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)add 4TBS margarine. Add 1 TBS milk and 2 TBS vanilla Blend well.
- Sift 2 cups confectioner's sugar into creamed mixture. Mix together add more confectioner's sugar as needed to make somewhat stiff but spreadable.