Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Lucy Vaserfirer's blog Hungry Cravings.
Make and share this Pumpkin Spice Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3⁄8 cup cold unsalted butter, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425?F. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and, using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend together the egg, pumpkin puree and 1/3 cup of the cream in a small bowl, add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Transfer to a work surface and knead a few times until the dough just holds together.
- Pat the dough into a 6-inch wide, 1 1/2-inch thick circle and cut into 8 wedges. (Chef's Note: Work quickly and with a light touch to prevent the butter in the pastry from melting.) Arrange the scones a couple of inches apart on a parchment-lined baking tray. Lightly brush the scones with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cream and sprinkle with the Turbinado sugar. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Scones keep for a day or two in a tightly sealed container in a cool, dry place.