Prep 4 mins
Cook 20 mins
Do you still have your pumpkins? Do you still plan to use them for cooking? Don't thow away the seeds yet, I've got any idea for you yet! From pumpkinnook.com, here is an idea of what do with with your pumpkin seeds, variations included.
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- salt, for taste
- cheese popcorn seasoning or cajun seasoning or garlic salt
- Extract seeds from pumpkin. Separate and discard pulp.
- Thoroughly wash seeds in warm water.
- Spread seds out onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, or less for for much healthier seeds.
- Put into preheated oven of 350 F degree oven and bake for approximately 20 minures. Check every five minutes and stir, adding more salt for taste.
- Check to see if seeds are done by doing a sample taste, allowing to cool first. If the inside is dry than its done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- With each of the variations the amounts desired is up to your discretion.
Very easy recipe and great for snacking. It was a bit difficult for the salt to stick to the seeds, so next time I may toss in a minimal amount of olive oil or butter to help it stick better and give a little more flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe.