Do you still have your pumpkins? Do you still plan to use them for cooking? Don't thow away the seeds yet, I've got any idea for you yet! From pumpkinnook.com, here is an idea of what do with with your pumpkin seeds, variations included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- salt, for taste
- cheese popcorn seasoning or cajun seasoning or garlic salt
- 1Extract seeds from pumpkin. Separate and discard pulp.
- 2Thoroughly wash seeds in warm water.
- 3Spread seds out onto a cookie sheet.
- 4Sprinkle generously with salt, or less for for much healthier seeds.
- 5Put into preheated oven of 350 F degree oven and bake for approximately 20 minures. Check every five minutes and stir, adding more salt for taste.
- 6Check to see if seeds are done by doing a sample taste, allowing to cool first. If the inside is dry than its done.
- 7Allow to cool before serving.
- 8With each of the variations the amounts desired is up to your discretion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.1
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.0 g