Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Called a quick bread because chemical leavening is used rather than yeast. This recipe should work for any standard-sized bread machine with a cake or quick bread cycle. Cooking/passive time depends on your machine.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray bread machine with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients until well blended. Stir in baking powder, soda, salt, spices, and flour until just mixed. Pour mixture into bread machine pan.
- Set bread machine to quick or cake cycle.
- Add chopped nuts at the beep, if using.
- When complete, carefully loosen the loaf and turn out onto a rack to cool.
very nice. better than a mix.