Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a cross between a square and a pie and my family loves them. If you buy the larger can of pumpkin, you can make 2 pans at the same time. I usually use the coconut as I pack these for school lunches and it keeps the plastic wrap from sticking to the square. I got this recipe from a school fundraiser cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 398 ml pumpkin
- 300 ml Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly and then stir in the pecans.
- Press evenly into a 9" square baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the balance of ingredients and pour over base in the pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut and return to oven for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- You can garnish with ice cream or whipped cream.