Recipe by Pepper Monkey
This recipe reminds me of thanksgiving! You could sub these squares for pumpkin pie they are so good. You'll need a 9x13-inch pan for these squares.
Top Review by GrandmaIsCooking
I really enjoyed this recipe. I liked the contrast of the different textures--the nuts and oatmeal in the crust, and the coconut in the filling. I wondered if I would like the coconut in the filling, but it was good. I baked it for the minimum time, 35 minutes. I'm going to make it again to take to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work.
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml oatmeal
- 118.29 ml finely chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 99.22 g box butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 4.92-9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk (not the evaporated kind)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- cinnamon or pumpkin spice, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all crust ingredients in a large bowl.
- You may want to pulse your nuts on the food processor to get them even finer for a more uniform crust.
- Press crust mix into an ungreased 9x13-inch pan.
- Try to spread it as evenly as possible.
- Beat eggs in the same bowl used for mixing the crust and mix in all remaining filling ingredients.
- Pour over crust and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour and serve with whipped cream.
- Also yummy served warm with ice cream.