Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty protein shake good for any time of the day or year. Warning, you may want to stock up on the 100% pumpkin puree before spring! They tend to not stock a whole lot around here during the warmer months. Make sure you buy 100% pumpkin puree... NOT the pumpkin pie filling which is usually right next to it on the shelf. There are many versions of this floating around online. This is merely how I prefer it. You might find one that suits you better!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I use Jay Robb Whey
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda granular
- 1 dash salt
- pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cool whip
- 4 -5 ice cubes, if desired
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- This tastes like real pumpkin pie.
- Adorn the top with an additional tablespoon of Cool Whop and a drizzle of SF Smucker's caramel topping for a special treat.
I had gastric bypass 5 years ago and fell away from protein drinks after i had two kids and I was looking for recipes that would get me back into drinking them again to hopefully allow me to lose a couple of pounds I have gained. This was amazing. I used GNC brand vanilla protein, 1/2 packet of splenda and fat free milk only because I didn't have soy milk. It was so good!!!! I love pumpkin so this was a total hit with me!!! Thanks for posting!!
Sooo good! I am a pumpkin fanatic so I added a little more of the pumpkin puree, and I also used unsweetened vanilla soymilk (Soy Slender). Tastes just like pumpkin pie, but ridic healthy. Thanks for posting!