1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pie (No Sugar)
1 hr 5 mins
This came from my Sweet Potato Custard (No Sugar), in a desire to make pumpkin pie with no sugar. Here in England, we don't really have access to tinned pumpkin, and I don't buy things in tins, so I make this with fresh pumpkin or squash. It's a tasty pie, or could be baked as a custard. I bake it with a grain-free crust, mixing ground almonds, egg yolk and a bit of honey. Preparation time does not include preparing a pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dates and water in a small saucepan and warm over low heat until the dates have softened and most of the water has been absorbed. Press through a sieve, discarding the remaining dry, fibrous bits.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and molasses.
- 3Add the sieved dates, pumpkin, milk and spices.
- 4Bake in a baking dish or pie shell in a preheated oven at 325°F/170°C for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie (No Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: