I fooled a lot of people; they still think the pie couldn't have tofu in it! I make it with a lot of spices. Be flexible; use more or less as need be. I also skip the crust and put it into a Pam-sprayed dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree or 1 (16 ounce) can fresh pumpkin puree or 1 (16 ounce) canfresh pureed butternut squash or 1 (16 ounce) canfresh pureed acorn squash or 1 (16 ounce) canfresh pureed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (10 ounce) package soft tofu, do not use low fat
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cream the tofu, pumpkin and sugar in a food processor; add salt and spices, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 F and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Chill and serve.