Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pumpkin Pie crunch for those who can't have the nuts
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie Crunch W/O Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spice, salt.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Cover with melted margarine.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until golden.
This is delicious!! I think I might try to cut back on the sugar a bit next time, but this recipe was a big "thumbs up" with my family! :)
It's a beautiful fall day and a great day for baking. DH came home from work to the smell of pumpkin cooking. I had to cut the "pie" while it was still warm. I was still setting up the photo shoot when I heard DH take his first bite. "Yummmmm this is good!" and a few minutes later, "am I allowed to have more?" I had not finished taking pictures or had a bite myself! I love pumpkin pie but this is even better. This is more like a dump cake than a pie - either way, it is fantastic. Made for PAC, Fall 2008