Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy pie that is great to eat all year round.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten, plus
- 1 egg, for glaze
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin puree, and 3 eggs. Beat well. Add evaporated Milk, and combine. Set aside.
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap, roll pate brisee into a 12-inch circle. Fit pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate; trim dough evenly along edge, leaving about a 1/2 inch overhang. Pinch to form a decorative edge. If the dough begins to soften, chill for 15 minutes.
- Make the glaze: Beat the remaining egg, and combine with heavy cream. Brush glaze very lightly on edges of pie shell. Fill pie shell with pumpkin mixture. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F, and continue baking for 30 minutes more. Cool on wire rack.