Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice, healthy breakfast treat.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, sugar substitute and salt.
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl, add egg yolks, skim milk, vanilla and melted butter and whisk until blended. Gradually whisk in flour mixture. Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and gently fold into the pumpkin mixture. Carefully spoon the batter into a greased skillet. Sprinkle the top of the pancake mixture with the pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.