Recipe by Health Freak Gourmand
These wholesome cookies are the ultimate comfort food, and they're good for you to boot -- high in fiber and anti-oxidants, low in sugar and fat. That's enough to lift your spirits any day or season. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven to 350°F
- -Combine pumpkin, Splenda and maple extract in a mixing bowl.
- -Beat egg whites in a separate bowl then fold into pumpkin mixture.
- -Mix in flour and spices.
- -Mix in oatmeal, Raisinets and shredded coconut.
- -Use fingers to shape or drop cookies in spoonfuls onto Pam-sprayed cookie sheets, making sure to leave at least 1-inch between them.
- -Bake cookies for 13 minutes.