Recipe by kindcook
A recipe I came up with when I wanted something a little different from my usual oatmeal. You can try different nuts in place of the walnuts if you desire.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 -3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 ounce walnuts, broken into pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl that won't let oatmeal bubble over, add oats, then water and cook in microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon until dissolved.
- Stir in milk (I've made this using non-fat, 1%, and 2% milk, and I recommend finding which one suits you as each gives the oatmeal a slightly different taste and texture).
- Add walnuts if desired.