Recipe by Ferial
Soft pumpkin cookies filled with a light and smooth cream cheese fluff. The cookies are good all by themselves, and the cream cheese fluff is a wonderful fruit dip, base for a fruit pizza, or frosting for a cake. It is even relatively healthy if you use low fat cream cheese and light Cool Whip.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix together the spice cake mix and pumpkin puree until everything is incorporated.
- Drop the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet or a Silpat in large tablespoonfuls. Flatten slightly with wet fingers and bake for 12 minutes.
- For the filling: Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a bowl with a hand mixer until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula a few times.
- In a small bowl, microwave the two white chocolate baking squares and milk on high for one minute. Stir until smooth and then slowly beat into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- When the cookies are baked and have cooled, sandwich two together with the cream cheese fluff.