Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Refrigerate the leftovers overnight and enjoy cold with sandwiches or chops.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, yolks, swiss cheese, cream, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste in a food processor; pulse to mix.
- Do not overwork.
- Pour the batter in a buttered oven-proof gratin or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, and/or the center reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was easy to make. Both my husband and I found the taste to be fine but the texture was a bit too interesting for us. Myself, I would give it 4 stars. My husband would give it 2.