1/6 Photos of Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake (Paula Deen)
1 hr 20 mins
I originally submitted this without trying it, as it was in response to a request. I finally got around to trying it last week, and realized there was a mistake, as the ingredients in the cake part should have read: 8 tablespoons butter, melted. Also, you can't "pour" the cake into the pan it has to be patted into the pan like a pie crust. Anyway, here is the revised version. I also cut down on the sugar, using about 12 ounces or 3/4 of the box. This is awesome-a Paula Deen classic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2To make the cake: Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- 3Pat batter into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan with hands into an even layer.
- 4Prepare filling.
- 5To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- 6Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together.
- 7Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well.
- 8Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 9Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
- 10Serve with fresh whipped cream or cinnamon-flavored ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.7
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 149.2 mg
- Sodium 605.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 68.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g