Recipe by Luschka
This is a South African recipe (from Magdaleen van Wyk's The Complete South African Cookbook), something my mom used to make. Pumpkins abound at the moment, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. They are really delicious. Let me know what you think!
Top Review by JeannaLW
This didn't do much for my husband or myself, I'm sorry to say. I ate a couple fritters, he took one bite and left it. They were very pretty and easy to make, but I doubt I'll try them again.
- 500 ml cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 62 1⁄2 ml flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 1 ml salt
- butter or margarine or oil
- sugar, mixed with
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pumpkin, flour, baking powder and salt to form a soft batter.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- HEat the butter, margarine or oil in a frying pan until it sizzles.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter in the fat and fry the fritters on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove and keep warm. Serve hot, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and garnished with slices of lemon.