Recipe by Okiegirl
This delicious recipe came from my sister-in-law, just in time for the holidays. It is a great replacement for the traditional pumpkin pie. It is so simple since you use the pumpkin pie mix that already has all the spices in it.
Top Review by gypsygirl77
Thank you so much for posting this recipe so I don't have to dig through my recipes to find it! I've had this recipe for almost 20 years and it's ALWAYS a hit. My recipe calls for cream cheese frosting. We have done that a couple of times, but when we do it's so rich you can't hardly stand it. The way you have it listed is PERFECT!
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into greased 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle melted margarine over cake mix.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown.