Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I first saw this recipe on a Betty Crocker box and hunted it down for many years with no luck. I've come across this recipe again, but have added some variations of my own. It's the perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 177.44 ml chopped almonds (if you're a fan, pecans work, too) or 177.44 ml walnuts (if you're a fan, pecans work, too)
- 4.92 ml creme fraiche (home-made with cinnamon is excellent with this cake) or 4.92 ml whipped cream, per piece (home-made with cinnamon is excellent with this cake)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl beat all cake ingredients together until smooth. Pour into pan.
- In medium bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Garnish, serve immediately.