I've been in pumpkin mode lately, and this is one of my latest discoveries. You need ramekins for this, but I have also done this in a round Pyrex dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring the cream to boil in heavy saucepan.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add the vanilla bean.
- 5Let stand 20 minutes, then discard the vanilla bean.
- 6Alternatively, add the vanilla extract to the whipping cream and set aside.
- 7Whisk together the yolks, 6 tablespoons sugar and nutmeg.
- 8Add the pumpkin and orange liqueur and mix until smooth.
- 9Whisk in the cream mixture.
- 10Divide custard among 6 1/2 cup ramekins.
- 11Arrange ramekins in heavy large baking pan.
- 12Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up the sides of ramekins.
- 13Bake until sides are set but centers move slightly when shaken, about 20 minutes.
- 14Remove from water bath and cool.
- 15Refrigerate one hour.
- 16Preheat broiler.
- 17Sift brown sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl.
- 18Sprinkle over custards.
- 19Broil 8 inches from heat source until sugar begins to melt, watching carefully, about 30 seconds.
- 20Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 206.2 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: