Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
As my brother-in-law says, anything is good with cream cheese frosting on it. These cookies are no exception. Very moist and tender with the perfect addition of creamy, sweet, cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Combine flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well combined; stir in nuts.
- Drop by rounded TBS, or small cookie scoop, onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 11-14 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies or pipe on using frosting bag and tip.