Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is moist and delicious. Do not limit making this cake only in the fall--it is good anytime! This can also be baked in a 9 X 13 pan for approximately 40 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin (canned or cooked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the sour cream, pumpkin and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture.
- Beat on low just until blended.
- Spread the batter into two greased and floured 8-in. round cake pans.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Another really great coffe cake Juenessa! I also loved your cinnamon chocolate chip cake recipe. This cake was moist and delicious as stated. Everyone loved it both kids and adults. I used almonds instead of pecans because that's what I had. Next time (and there surely will be a next time) I may double the topping because I like lots of crunch but it doesn't really need it. I used a 9 X 13 pan. Really a great recipe!!